The Canadian Adult Reading Assessment (CARA) provides placement and diagnostic information and identifies reading patterns, enabling you to choose effective teaching strategies. The Instructor's Manual provides step-by-step instructions and interactive exercises on how to administer, score and interpret CARA. As well, this manual contains the word list, 49 graded passages that range in readability from Grades 1 to 12, and comprehension questions.
What are the benefits of CARA?
• It provides diagnostic information, enabling you to choose effective teaching strategies.
• It identifies reading patterns, enabling you to choose effective teaching strategies.
• Each level contains two parallel fiction forms and three parallel non-fiction forms, enabling you to administer test and post-tests with confidence.
What are the features of CARA?
• It is easy to administer and score.
• It has contemporary Canadian content.
• It is coil-bound for easy photocopying.
• Each of the nine CARA levels is articulated with provincial and territorial literacy levels.